Alumni Awards Program
Outstanding Alumnus Award
The Outstanding Alumnus Award is awarded to an alumnus who has brought honor, recognition and distinction to their alma mater, through service to their community, their profession, and/or by honors received, service rendered, or other accomplishments.
R. Kelso Carter Award
This award is given to an individual other than a graduate of Widener University who, in the opinion of the Alumni Association, has brought honor to the University through his/her acts and accomplishments. This award is a token of the appreciation of the laudable contribution to the University community through his/her service to the University.
Alumni Service Award
Service awards are granted for volunteer service to the University as a whole or to a particular sector (major) concentration within the University, and/or to one's profession where his/her education at Widener/PMC was prime to providing the service. This award shall be given as appropriate to honor the time, service, and commitment to the University.
John L. Geoghegan Alumni Citizenship Award
This award is given in the memory of John L. Geoghegan '63 to an alumnus/alumna who has brought honor to the University through academic achievement, demonstrated leadership capabilities and community service.
John L. Geoghegan Student Citizenship Award
This award is given in the memory of John L. Geoghegan '63 to a current student who has brought honor to the University through academic achievement, demonstrated leadership capabilities and community service.
The alumnus/individual being nominated:
- Must be a graduate of Widener University or Pennsylvania Military College, except for the R. Kelso Carter Award.
- Should be an outstanding practitioner in field of endeavor.
- Should be recognized by peers for contributions in field of endeavor.
- Should serve as a model and inspiration to others.
- May have made contributions to the university and community beyond the normal career responsibilities.
- May not be an active member of the Widener University Office of Alumni Engagement.
Submit a Nomination
Nominations are due by March 31, and candidates will be announced in July. Please complete the form below to nominate an alumnus/individual online.
**nominees that are not selected will rollover into the next year's nominations.