Join the Widener Alumni Book Club
- Connect & Make an Impact
- Join the Widener Alumni Book Club
Alumni, faculty, and staff from all three Widener campuses are invited to connect through the new virtual Widener University Alumni Book Club, powered by PBC Guru. From PMC to Pioneer to Pride, we hope that everyone joins! So far, almost 250 participants have joined the book club. If you have already joined, we encourage you to continue posting on the private forum.
The virtual book club is FREE to join and you can participate in the book club forum on the days and times that are convenient to you. Participants are invited to read one book, chosen by group members, every two months. Book club members will connect through a private forum, where all participants can discuss the current book as well as network with each other. All participants are responsible for obtaining a copy of the book to enjoy.
- Embrace Lifelong Learning: Joining the book club will provide you with opportunities to broaden your career goals and make you more effective in areas including leadership, communications skills and achieving a fulfilling life.
- Reading is Good for You: Reading can reduce stress, help you sleep better, and improve your relationships. Did we mention it also makes you smarter? Reading increases your verbal intelligence, your emotional intelligence, and your creativity.
- Connect with Fellow Alumni, Faculty and Staff: Our book club will introduce you to fellow alumni across industries, generations, and geographies, all while gaining different perspectives while discussing the book. The network you build may help you with career advancement, meeting new people, and finding your next opportunity!
- No Time Commitment Requirements: Participate as much as your schedule allows!
Get in Touch
Questions? Contact Jessica Prince, Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement, at email@example.com.